This automatic mechanical PH or chlorine swimming pool water quality tester worked quite well in the lab tests. 3 weeks of work for 2 people lifted the project to an adequate level. There are alternatives out there for chemical testing, but this is a mechanising of a human process.
The process is as follows
- The pool water is pumped into the vile,
- The testing tablet is then dropped into the vile
- The magnetic agitator agitates the solution which changes colour
- The light sensor senses the opacity of the solution colour
- The vile rotates upside down to empty the solution
- The vole is flushed with fresh water
- Process is ready for the next test.